Monday, July 11, 2011

When God doesn’t Make Sense

I can relate to this series so much because I came to a point that I really question God or even doubt His power to do mighty things in my life. (Forgive me Lord :-() One of so many series I got encouraged. And so I just wanted to share some insights on this run. It gives enlightenment to my immature thoughts (sometimes hehe).

When we experienced situations in our lives that seem we don't understand, we prayed for something we've been praying for, for a longest time but still no clear visions or answers from the Lord, when bad things happen in our lives??? When God doesn't make sense at all...How are we going to response to these situations?

I confess, so many questions came up to my mind. You know to yourself that you prayed, read the bible and obeyed God but then nothing happens and sometimes added to your frustrations bad things came  :-( Lord are you there? Why these things happened? Why it takes too long? Seems losing all my patience and strength...My heart grows faint and it seems my prayers are just bouncing back around the four corners of my room. I felt the same way Habakkuk questioned God during those uncertainties in his life.

"How long, O LORD, must I call for help, but you do not listen? Or cry out to you, “Violence!” but you do not save? 3Why do you make me look at injustice? Why do you tolerate wrong? Destruction and violence are before me; there is strife, and conflict abounds. . . . 5“Look at the nations and watch—and be utterly amazed. For I am going to do something in your days that you would not believe, even if you were told."  - Habakkuk 1:2,3,5

Insights and verses from the series:

When it seems we don't understand the Situations...

1. Be secure in who God is.

O LORD, are you not from everlasting? My God, my Holy One, we will not die. O LORD, you have appointed them to execute judgment; O Rock, you have ordained them to punish. -Habakkuk 1:12

2. Go to God and ask Him.

Your eyes are too pure to look on evil; you cannot tolerate wrong. Why then do you tolerate the treacherous? Why are you silent while the wicked swallow up those more righteous than themselves? - Habakkuk 1:13

3. Wait on God’s answer.

I will stand at my watch and station myself on the ramparts; I will look to see what he will say to me, and what answer I am to give to this complaint. -Habakkuk 2:1

When it takes too long...

1. Write down the revelation.

Then the LORD replied: “Write down the revelation and make it plain on tablets so that a herald may run with it. -Habakkuk 2:2

2. Wait for its appointed time.

For the revelation awaits an appointed time; it speaks of the end and will not prove false. Though it linger, wait for it; it will certainly come and will not delay. -Habakkuk 2:3

3. Walk by faith.

“See, he is puffed up; his desires are not upright — but the righteous will live by his faith . . .” -Habakkuk 2:4

When Bad things happen...

1. Pray for God’s will to be done.

. . . Renew them in our day, in our time make them known; in wrath remember mercy. -Habakkuk 3:2

2. Remember God’s faithfulness.

God came from Teman, the Holy One from Mount Paran. His glory covered the heavens and his praise filled the earth. 4His splendor was like the sunrise; rays flashed from his hand, where his power was hidden. -Habakkuk 3:3,4

3. Worship God no matter what.

Though the fig tree does not bud and there are no grapes on the vines, though the olive crop fails and the fields produce no food, though there are no sheep in the pen and no cattle in the stalls, 18yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will be joyful in God my Savior. -Habakkuk 3:17,18

When God doesn’t make sense at all, He is still God and knows everything more than we know and understand. He understands even if you think He doesn't. Remember He gave He's only begotten Son to redeem us? An ordinary father may not afford  to loose his son like that of what our Father in heaven did, hard to understand on our own right? But His understanding is far more than our understandings. It also takes faith in every situation we are in.  Faith is more than belief in God. We should act on those beliefs because Faith without deed is death. It takes complete TRUST in Him not for a while for a month or for years but for the rest of our lives. It is the basis for hope in the future. 



No comments: